Become BLÆST's new designer
Are you a designer with a creative mind and a love of the outdoors? Then this might be the perfect job for you!
BLÆST is a Norwegian fashion brand experiencing significant growth and international interest. Therefore, we’re looking for a designer to help us keep the momentum going and expand beyond our country’s borders.
The brand was founded in Western Norway, where the climate is as varied as the rugged and dramatic coastal landscape. Here, you must face the elements to live the life you want, and embracing the weather is vital. Therefore, we design clothes that are both fashionable and functional. From raincoats and pants to insulated jackets for winter – they are as flexible as the life we live.
As our new designer, you’ll be part of BLÆST's core team and responsible for developing our latest collections. Experience and passion for the craft are essential, and you’ll need to be a team player who can work in a high-paced environment.
You’ll work from our headquarters in Aalesund – one of the most beautiful cities in Norway, if we may say so ourselves. Located by the fjord and the mountains, our office is an excellent hub for creativity, product development, and work-life balance. When the workday is over, you can hit our gym, take a dip in the sea, or go hiking.
Sounds great, right? If you agree, send us your application – we’d love to hear from you!
- Plan and develop our collection in collaboration with the design team and our Head of Innovation & Design.
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends and competitors.
- Adapt existing and new designs.
- Fitting and detailing both new and existing products in the collection.
- Maintaining the collection overview.
- Document the technical specifications of our collections in PLM.
- Oversee production, monitor, and maintain the quality requirements required by the brand.
- Visit trade shows and manufacturers to source, select, and buy fabrics, trims, fastenings, and embellishments.
- Have close contact with the sales team on an ongoing basis to ensure that the products fit the customer, the market, and price targets.
We think you are:
- A team player.
- Creative, innovative, and curious.
- Proactive and a fan of new challenges.
- Updated on the latest trends, industry standards, and the market.
- Sustainably conscious and consider people, the planet, and the economy as essential stakeholders in your process.
- Genuinely interested in trends, details, and the technical aspects of fabrics and components. You also know how to outline the technical specifications for your designs.
- Able to communicate, present ideas and negotiate clearly.
- Able to understand the commercial and business side of the job.
- Confident, with good interpersonal skills.
- Structured, analytical, organized, and capable of simultaneously working on several challenging projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in design and product development. Extensive work experience can outweigh a lack of education.
- Adobe skills: you can design and visualize your ideas.
- It’s an advantage if you have experience with 3D drawing/simulation.
- It’s an advantage if you’ve worked with technical outerwear before.
- Experience with production and quality assurance of products from external partners is an advantage.