Stay warm in winter with our BLÆST beanie.
This knitted woolen beanie is created using 100% merino wool, known for its soft and luxurious feeling.
This BLÆST beanie is also certified by the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS), ensuring that the wool is sourced from farms prioritizing animal welfare and sustainable land management.
Caring for your 100% merino wool beanie is essential to ensure its longevity and maintain its softness and quality. Merino wool is a delicate natural fiber, and proper care will help you enjoy your beanie for years to come.
Here are washing instructions to keep in mind:
- Fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water. Avoid using hot water, as it can cause the wool to shrink or felt.
- Add a mild wool-specific detergent to the water. Avoid using harsh detergents, bleach, or fabric softeners. They can damage the wool fibers.
- Gently submerge the beanie in the water and gently agitate it to ensure the detergent is evenly distributed.
- Let the beanie soak for about 10-15 minutes, then gently rub any soiled areas with your fingers.
- Rinse the beanie thoroughly with cool water until all detergent is removed.
- Gently press out excess water without wringing or twisting the fabric.
- Use a gentle cycle with cold water and a mild wool-specific detergent.
- Place the beanie in a mesh laundry bag to protect it during the washing cycle.
- Avoid using fabric softeners, bleach, or harsh detergents.
- Once the cycle is complete, promptly remove the beanie from the washing machine.
- Lay the beanie flat on a clean, dry towel. Reshape it to its original form, ensuring that it retains its shape.
- Roll up the towel with the beanie inside to gently squeeze out excess water.
- Unroll the towel and reshape the beanie again, if needed.
- Lay the beanie flat on a dry, clean towel or drying rack to air dry. Avoid hanging it, as this can cause stretching.
- Keep the beanie away from direct sunlight and heat sources to prevent potential damage to the wool fibers.
- Once the beanie is completely dry, store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Consider folding it instead of hanging to maintain its shape.
- To prevent moths, you can store the beanie with cedar balls or lavender sachets.
Remember, merino wool is naturally resistant to odors and wrinkles, so frequent washing is not necessary. It's best to follow these care instructions to maintain the quality and appearance of your 100% merino wool beanie.